Author Topic: Install Error: MoveFile failed; code 2  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Niva

• Leecher
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
Install Error: MoveFile failed; code 2
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:03:53 am »
Okay, first of all, what the F is up with this program having like 20 different .tmp trojan files? Seriously?! Everytime I run install, I get notifications of .tmp files going into quarantine. And I'm aware at that point they are harmless, but that's just ridiculous. It's a different file name each time. Clean the damn install download file before releasing it. Or don't stick nasty files in there that are hidden.

Now, to my error.
 I'm using Vista which was standard with my system, unfortunately, when I got it a couple years ago. Since recent service pack, Vista hasn't been that bad. It could be related to my install issue... or it could just be the file.

I get an error looks something like this:

I just need to know exactly what I'm missing out if I chose to ignore the error. Does the program still work to it's full capacity?

Freddy1990.com

Install Error: MoveFile failed; code 2
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:03:53 am »

Offline Freddy

• Owner
  • Rep: 19
    • MSN Messenger - freddy1990@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Freddy199O
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Install Error: MoveFile failed; code 2
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:02:32 am »
Try to keep calm? The installer contains no unnecessary files, and no hidden files. fixscar.exe is designed to download missing dll files, normally the setup installs them for you, so unless SCAR isn't starting, you do not need this.

Freddy1990.com

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 01:02:32 am »

Offline ti.teg.tnod.I

• The Best
  • Administrator
  • Rep: 10
  • ^-^
    • View Profile
    • Rainbows In A Fire
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 05:08:06 am »
Okay, first of all, what the F is up with this program having like 20 different .tmp trojan files? Seriously?! Everytime I run install, I get notifications of .tmp files going into quarantine. And I'm aware at that point they are harmless, but that's just ridiculous. It's a different file name each time. Clean the damn install download file before releasing it. Or don't stick nasty files in there that are hidden.

Now, to my error.
 I'm using Vista which was standard with my system, unfortunately, when I got it a couple years ago. Since recent service pack, Vista hasn't been that bad. It could be related to my install issue... or it could just be the file.

I get an error looks something like this:

I just need to know exactly what I'm missing out if I chose to ignore the error. Does the program still work to it's full capacity?

If your virus scanner is removing temporary files from the installer it could be causing SCAR to install improperly. It's a known bug that some anti-viruses return false positives for SCAR and Freddy's been working on getting SCAR onto white-lists. Until then look up a guide on adding SCAR to an ignore list for your virus scanner.

SCAR does not contain any trojan files and I personally don't understand how such sloppy code exists to report such false positives. Turning your virus scanner off should solve all of your issues, which it may be safely turned on after.

Offline Freddy

• Owner
  • Rep: 19
    • MSN Messenger - freddy1990@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Freddy199O
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 03:00:02 pm »
I fixed fixscar so it isn't picked up as a virus anymore.

Freddy1990.com

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 03:00:02 pm »

deductible-aliform